Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hello world, How is your day going?
I was just with someone who is really hurting about their teenager, who is threatening to run away. Immediately, I responded with the utmost confidence, "Well, that'd be okay, because he would just run smack dab into the arms of God."
Why did I say that?
Because that family loves the Lord and have done their best to raise this kid up right. Furthermore, I"m sure they had their baby dedication day when that kid was an infant. And I'm sure that they are not raising that kid alone. They pray.
The parent's response was a weak, "i hope so" to which I said, "No, you know so!"
Why did I say that?
Because that parent has prayed about the turmoil this kid is going through. God heard the cry of this pained parent's heart. And though we can't always see it as it is happening, God is there threading His love through the earth like a chord. He has an interest in this kid. You know He does. That's what we should focus on.
I drew them with gentle cords, With bands of love, And I was to them as those who take the yoke from their neck. I stooped and fed them. Hosea 11:4
Not only is He interested. He's a participant in our kids' lives.

p.s. My book WordSpeak: His Word, Your Voice is now available for purchase. There are lots of stories in it that illustrate how God participated in my life. Just email me and you can buy it for $16.00. www.lauracollinsbower@gmail.com

No comments: